Monday, June 14, 2010

Ryan Trecartin - video artist / freak of nature

Though this may not be exclusively music related...Video Artist, Ryan Trecartin is a total freak who I've been into for a while. I first saw his work at the Whitney Biennial in NYC a couple of years back and have been following his art ever since. He makes insane video art worthy of your attention. If you have 45 minutes to kill and looking to be totally weirded out...check this. It is bizarre, confusing, hysterical, and totally epic.

P.opular S.ky (section ish) from Ryan Trecartin on Vimeo.


On a side note, we're both huge Julee Cruise/Twin Peaks superfans, so here are some quintessential Julee/Twin Peaks moments . Expect to see a good amount of her on our new June mix.

I want you rockin’ back inside my heart from Stewf on Vimeo.



Not a lot of new stuff lately as my computer has been recuperating at the Mac store after a near explosive encounter with my hard drive (using my roommates PC is proving to be a total bummer), and my co-blogger has fled to the suburbs for a long weekend. But we'll be back and better than ever veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment